- Razer Card, the only prepaid card offering year-long cashback features on all transactions
- Razer Card users can access a unique gamified rewards experience via in-app system
- Collaboration unlocks global acceptance of 61 million merchant locations for Razer Card users
- Razer Pay users opt-in for a free virtual card and even upgrade to a physical card, including the Premium card – the world’s first card that lights up on payment
- Beta testing open for 1,337 users to experience the Razer Card and get exclusive rewards
For immediate release on October 6 2020, 10am SGT:
SINGAPORE – Razer Fintech, the financial technology arm of leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, Razer Inc. has collaborated with Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments, to unveil a brand-new Visa prepaid solution – the Razer Card. Users can sign up and use the virtual card at no subscription, with the option to upgrade to a Standard or Premium physical card. All card users will enjoy year-long cashback features with no capped limit, a gamified rewards system in-app, and can make payments at over 61 million merchant locations globally where Visa is accepted.
This integrated prepaid payment solution is aligned to Razer Fintech’s ambition to establish the world’s first global youth bank — one it has outlined in its application for the MAS (Monetary Authority of Singapore) Digital Full Bank License in Singapore.
“Right from the start, we have been very excited about our collaboration with Visa to transform the digital payments experience globally. Over the last year, since our initial announcement, a lot of time and effort has gone into developing and perfecting this product, that is truly going to value-add significantly to the lifestyle of our users. With this Razer Card, we have co-developed a unique prepaid solution that further cements our position as the largest offline-to-online digital payment network in the region. This collaboration opens up many opportunities for us to reach out and meet the needs of consumers, particularly the youth and millennials,” said Lee Li Meng, Chief Executive Officer, Razer Fintech.
“We’re excited to launch the Razer Card, the first Razer Visa prepaid product, to expand digital payments access to youth and millennials. Razer cardholders will enjoy a number of benefits including unlimited cashback for online and face-to-face purchases. The Razer Card will also feature contactless payment technology, allowing cardholders to tap to pay for their day-to-day activities such as taking public transportation on buses and trains, buying movie tickets at the cinemas and purchasing a meal at quick-service restaurants,” said Kunal Chatterjee, Visa Country Manager for Singapore & Brunei.
INDUSTRY BEST PRODUCT FEATURES
Established in 2018, Razer Fintech has grown to become one of the largest O2O (offline-to-online) digital payment networks in Southeast Asia. Razer Pay, its B2C all-encompassing e-wallet solution, and currently one of the leading e-wallet platforms in the region, focuses on offering a plethora of use cases for youth and millennials.
With the integration of this new prepaid card solution into the Razer Pay app, users of the Razer Card can:
- Make digital payments at over 61 million merchant locations worldwide where Visa is accepted, including online, in-store, contactless and chip transactions.
- Receive cashback for all payment purchases with:
- 1 per cent for purchases made across categories
- Up to 5 per cent on RazerStore and Gold purchases
- No minimum spend and no capped limit for cashback (only prepaid card in Singapore with no capped limit for cashback)
- Access a unique gamified rewards system through the Razer Pay app, where unlike traditional cards’ loyalty programmes, users go through a personalised experience to track, score and redeem rewards based on tasks and everyday transactions.
- Opt-in to get their hands on a free virtual card via Razer Pay and easily activate and access card information and controls in-app.
- Upgrade to own one of the numberless-designed physical cards, including the Premium card—the world’s first card that lights up on payment.
FIRST-HAND EXPERIENCE FOR RAZER PAY USERS THROUGH BETA-TESTING
Prior to the official launch, the first-ever prepaid card under the Razer brand will be made available to 1,337 selected users from now till 31 December, via an exclusive beta testing program. This provides selected users an opportunity to experience the virtual beta and physical card first-hand and play a part in the product enhancement process by providing user feedback before the card’s public release.
To incentivise active testing, beta testers will enjoy increased 10 per cent cashback on RazerStore and Razer Gold purchases, and a slew of gamified Card Beta rewards where testers complete tasks, level up and stand to redeem up to S$2,000 worth of Razer gear and free card upgrades.
This exclusive three-month beta testing opportunity is the first time a new Razer solution is being conducted in the Singapore market.
For more information on the Razer Card and Beta and to sign up, visit https://www.razer.com/sg-en/razer-card.
GROWING THE RAZER PAY ECOSYSTEM AS A VISA CARD ISSUER
According to a report by BCG, approximately 10 per cent of Southeast Asia’s population (more than 660 million) are already using e-wallets. However, more than 174 million people across Southeast Asia still lack bank accounts or access to credit cards, while another 30 million make minimal use of banks. This has resulted in nearly three-quarters of consumer payments in the region to be transacted in cash.
Following the launch in Singapore, and leveraging Visa’s reach in the region, the Razer Card will be made available in other countries globally where Razer Pay is available, subject to local regulatory approvals. All versions of the Razer Card will be made available to users in Singapore from January 2021 before expanding globally.
ABOUT RAZER FINTECH
Backed by the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers synonymous with the youth and millennials, Razer Fintech is the financial technology arm of Razer Inc (1337: Hong Kong). Established in April 2018, Razer Fintech has grown to become one of the largest O2O (offline to online) digital payment networks in emerging markets and has processed over billions of dollars in total payment value. Razer Fintech operates two verticals, Razer Merchant Services (“RMS”) and Razer Pay.
Razer Merchant Services is a leading B2B (business-to-business)olution encompassing:
- RMS Online: Card processing gateway supporting global scheme cards and over 110 payment methods, powering online payments for global blue-chip merchants in SEA.
- RMS Offline: SEA’s largest offline payment network of over 1 million physical acceptance points across SEA. RMS Offline also extends point-of-sale services (such as bill payments and telco reloads), cash-over-counter services (including Razer Pay top-ups and fulfilment of e-commerce purchases), distribution of third-party point-of-sale activation (POSA) cards, and merchant acquiring services for Razer Pay and other third-party e-wallets.
Razer Pay is a B2C (business-to-consumer) solution comprising an all-encompassing e-wallet focused on offering a plethora of compelling use cases targeted at the youths, millennials.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce. For more information, visit www.visa.com.sg
Please refer to this link for the press kit
Asia PR Werkz
Asia PR Werkz
Visa Worldwide Pte. Limited
+65 6671 5468
Ruder Finn Asia
+65 9641 1558
# # #
 Southeast Asian Consumers Are Driving a Digital Payment Revolution