Champions of Change, Pioneers of Progress.
At Razer, our commitment to innovation extends far beyond the boundaries of gaming. We believe that technology should not only elevate gameplay but also deepen our responsibility to the planet and its people. We are committed to making a positive impact on the world and do our part to work towards a more sustainable future.
We’ve always been driven by our core mission: For Gamers. By Gamers. This mission extends beyond crafting and creating exceptional gaming products – it includes a deep-seeded drive to foster the gaming community and the industry as whole. As the gaming industry explode in size and influence, we recognize that our actions have the ability to positively contribute to the lives of everyone, gamer or not. Hence in 2021, we launched the #GoGreenWithRazer, our 10-year sustainability roadmap that goes beyond organizational and product transformation, to include leading community and investment as the next frontier of our climate action.
We believe that transparency drives accountability and accountability fuels progress. And we believe in leading by example, setting standards that others in the industry can follow.
This week we’re publishing our latest ESG report to share an update on our progress. Here’s how we’re doing:
Redefining Excellence: Our Sustainability Journey beyond the Game.
In our latest ESG Report, we outline that we’ve adopted the Global Reporting Initiatives (GRI) reporting framework, detailing our decarbonisation strategy in line with Science Based Targets (SBT). We’re mapping climate-related risks in alignment with Taskforce for Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) to operationally mitigate the risks and discover potential opportunities for growth.
Environmental Stewardship: Playing for a Greener Planet.
We have made significant strides to reduce our environmental impact throughout our operations. Our goals to minimize our carbon footprint, reduce waste, and conserve energy across our operations are not limited to just ourselves, but also extend to our value chain partners as well.
Starting from our core operations, we’ve:
- Reached our goal to have our corporate offices 100% powered by renewable energy sources – three years ahead of our 2025 goal.
- Reduced transport fuel and energy usage within office premises and reduced our Scope 1 and 2 emissions by more than 90% as compared to our baseline year of 2019. This brings us a step closer to our end goal of being a Net Zero company by 2030.
- Became the world’s first consumer electronic brand to take a stand and protest deep sea mining of minerals. As the scientific community has yet to fully understand the potential consequences of deep-sea mining, we encourage our community and industry partners to proactively take this stance with us.
Product Sustainability: The Name of the Game
From packaging to product designs, our approach is holistic. Here’s some of the things we’ve done:
- Our Design-for-Sustainability Program allows gamers to purchase spare parts to enhance the overall repairability of our products – ensuring they remain long-term products rather than short-term electronic waste.
- Fan-favorite peripherals, the Razer Deathadder Essential and Razer Basilisk V3 have been certified by UL Solutions as the world’s first gaming mice to be awarded the prestigious UL ECOLOGO Certification. This certification means that our gaming mice are verified by a third party for reduced environmental and health impact, having undergone rigorous scientific testing and exhaustive auditing.
- We’re on our way to protecting over one million trees, a milestone that was initially set as a part of our partnership with environmental nonprofit organization, Conservation International. Together with our community, we have helped protect ~4,000 acres of forest, roughly the size of 3,000 American football fields. The next target? 10 million trees.
The World of the Future
Since our founding, Razer has pushed the envelope, leading the charge towards technological and performative greatness. Our sustainability journey has spanned a gamut of goals that continue to guide us in our vision of a brighter, greener future. While we’ve achieved significant milestones, our journey is far from over. We invite you to join us on this path of progress, as we continue to pioneer change, champion sustainability, and redefine excellence – not just in gaming but in the world we all share. Together, we can level up the game and make a lasting impact. Join us, and let’s game for good.
For the full ESG report, please refer to LINK.