At Razer, we’re on a mission to revolutionize how gamers game, and I’m personally passionate about how we are pioneering the adoption of blockchain technology. Since the launch of zVentures Web3 Incubator (ZW3I), we have been working with gaming titles to develop new and innovative blockchain-based games.
We’ve made some good progress and want to provide an update on where we are in the web3 and blockchain space, with ZW3I.
We are excited to share some projects brought forth by ZW3I this quarter.
One standout is Shrapnel, an AAA first-person shooter game developed by Neon Media, a renowned team of game industry veterans. Neon Media is pioneering the use of blockchain technology to create a structure for modding. This makes Shrapnel the first mod-able game of its kind. This in mind, gamers can create in-game components, mint something from these and use it in the game. Within Shrapnel, players can unleash their creativity by creating and sharing their own mods, granting them an unprecedented level of control over the game’s experience.
Another remarkable endeavor that we’ve been excited to support is Nyan Heroes, an exhilarating hero shooter game by Rude Robot Studios. This free-to-play game seamlessly blends fast-paced gameplay with tangible real-world impact. Powered by Unreal Engine 5 and leveraging blockchain technology layer, Nyan Heroes lets players collect and engage in battles with adorable cat-like characters. A noteworthy aspect of Nyan Heroes is its philanthropic element, as a portion of the game’s proceeds will be donated to animal welfare charities. Apart from the co-marketing efforts between us and Nyan Heroes, we will be exploring collaborative efforts in its real-world endeavors.
In our pursuit to offer diverse gaming experiences to cater to a wide range of interests, ZW3I has also forged strategic partnerships to bring forth captivating titles, including:
- Collaborating with Delabs, the web3 division of South Korean mobile developers 4:33 Creative Lab, we have also enlisted Rumble Racing Star, an adrenaline-fueled arcade racer game that promises an exhilarating experience for players.
- Actively supporting Gunzilla Games in the launch of their highly anticipated title, Off The Grid. Set in a dystopian cyberpunk future, OTG is an AAA third-person shooter that takes the Battle Royale genre to new heights.
- Solidifying our partnership with Polygon Labs that develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols and Oasys, an EVM-compatible, proof-of-stake public blockchain that solves blockchain game developers’ most difficult challenges.
With our dedication to blockchain adoption and our commitment to providing diverse gaming experiences, ZW3I is at the forefront of revolutionizing the gaming industry to empower gamers with limitless possibilities and driving the industry forward.
In these instances, and beyond, ZW3I is using blockchain technology to:
- Give players more control over their gaming experience:
Blockchain technology allows players to own their in-game assets, such as characters, weapons, and skins. This allows players more freedom to personalize and use their assets as they see fit.
- Make gaming more social and rewarding:
Blockchain technology can be used to create more social and rewarding gaming experiences. For example, players can earn rewards for completing challenges, participating in events, or simply playing the game. These rewards can then be exchanged for new in-game assets or with other players.
We are at the forefront of the digital revolution, fusing gaming with groundbreaking blockchain technology alongside other companies. As we shape the future of this dynamic arena, and as the technology continues to develop, we can expect to see even more innovation in blockchain-enhanced gaming.